Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Highly Addictive Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies.



Let's get one thing straight - I can't cook. 


More often than not I have cereal for dinner. I do, however, enjoy baking. In my circle of friends I'm the one that brings dessert to get-togethers. These cookies have become very well known by my husband and friends. It is hard to find a word to describe their FREAKING AWESOMENESS. They are the perfect blend of gooey and firm... sweet and salty... I could go on... This recipe is from one of my favorite food bloggers. I changed it slightly... if you can believe it, I actually made it less fancy. I know. So here they are:  classic and slightly fancy chocolate chip cookies. 



 Freaking Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies


 2 sticks butter (8 oz)
 1/2 cup white sugar (2 oz ) 
 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed (12 oz )
 2 eggs
 2 tsp vanilla (1/4 oz) 
 3 1/2 cup All Purpose flour (1 lb. ) (I love King Arthur Flour)
 1 1/2 tsp Baking soda 
 3/4 tsp salt
 1 lb. chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, bittersweet- it's all good)
 1/2 teaspoon good quality sea salt, for sprinkling on top before baking *this is where the magic happens*


Cream the butter and the sugars until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes on medium high. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Continue mixing while adding the eggs one at time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Combine the flour, soda and salt in another bowl. With a whisk to combine. With the machine on low, slowly add the flour. Mix until just combined, do not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate. Spoon dough onto baking sheet (I prefer a dough ball with character - not a perfectly rolled ball.) Then lightly sprinkle the dough with sea salt-- you won't regret this-- and bake at 360* for 11-12 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the outside but still look gooey on the inside. So we aren't pressured to eat the entire batch I bake a batch of cookies and then put the rest of the dough in a ziploc in the fridge. I then bake throughout the week so we can enjoy freshly baked cookies on multiple nights :) 


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. So excited to make these cookies!! Keep posting girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these with the kids...o.my.yum. only had 1/2 cup brown sugar, but used dark brown sugar for what i didn't have....super yum.love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You are the cooking master... I must give it a try :) oxo

      Delete
  3. how many cookies does this make?

    ReplyDelete